For the past month, I’ve been working on improving The Very Organized Thief’s throwing mechanics, as part of our next update. The goal has been to allow players to knockout the Owner!
The Very Organized Thief v0.1.1 is Ready!
Welcome to the announcement of the first web release and official change list of The Very Organized Thief (Web), where we will highlight what’s new, what’s required and where you can play it.
Designing a Font for The Very Organized Thief
These last few weeks I’ve been working on a new font for The Very Organized Thief as part of localization to support different languages in the future. Our new font is called Pen Thief and is the font we’ll be using for the checklist, some of the game menus and a few other things.
Sneaking into Sound Design
With most of the visual parts for The Very Organized Thief rebuild almost finished with just a few more adjustments to be made, my attention has been mostly on sound design this past month.
Rebuilding the Owner
I’ve been slowly making progress with The Very Organized Thief rebuild. And recently I’ve updated the Owner, tweaking the model and animations, and giving him a new brain while still keeping the same behavior. Our existing AI system is a little overkill, so I did some digging in the original AI code and reviewed it to see what solution I could come up with.
Art ‘n’ a Bit of Gameplay
Hi everyone! For the last month or so, I’ve been working on the art for our new and upcoming game (title coming soon). This was mostly the concept art which involved creating monsters for the AI and designing the player character and their weapons. The crystal monsters were where I was able to be the most […]
April 2016 Summary
It’s been a pretty busy month! And this post is late! But it has been by far the most productive, making some pretty big leaps forward which is why it’s been a little quiet from us lately. There hasn’t been a developer diary for a while, but one should be coming soon! So last month […]
March 2016 Summary
Last month has been a mixed bag of many things to be done. The survey we ran went very well and the results were surprising. We now have a much better idea of what we can do with the audience we currently have. We still have our work cut out for us if our new […]