I continued my work on Behavior Trees, taking what I’ve learned in my previous experiment and integrating it into our existing AI framework.
This past few weeks I spent time working out a new AI system, as part of our next step in the development for The Very Organized Thief. The new system is using Behavior Trees, allowing us to create more reactive AI in our games.
The upcoming web release of The Very Organized Thief remake is a significant milestone for us. And it comes with a great deal of weight on our shoulders.
For the past few weeks, I’ve been updating our websites in preparation for The Very Organized Thief’s release to Web. The Very Organized Thief website has received a much-needed update and I also updated our Press Kit.
These last few weeks I’ve been working on a new font for The Very Organized Thief as part of localization to support different languages in the future. Our new font is called Pen Thief and is the font we’ll be using for the checklist, some of the game menus and a few other things.
With most of the visual parts for The Very Organized Thief rebuild almost finished with just a few more adjustments to be made, my attention has been mostly on sound design this past month.
These past few weeks I’ve been working on throwing objects. It’s an idea we’ve been messing around with for a while, to see how far we could push the mechanic.
I’ve been slowly making progress with The Very Organized Thief rebuild. And recently I’ve updated the Owner, tweaking the model and animations, and giving him a new brain while still keeping the same behavior. Our existing AI system is a little overkill, so I did some digging in the original AI code and reviewed it to see what solution I could come up with.
This year we made significant progress. Our goals this year were to increase the speed at which we could design and test levels, without excess. Focusing more on the process of creating and simplifying it for rapid prototyping.