Welcome to the announcement of the first web release and official change list of The Very Organized Thief (Web), where we will highlight what’s new, what’s required and where you can play it.
- Running a browser that supports WebGL 2.0.
If you don’t know if the browser you’re using supports WebGL 2.0, you can visit this link (https://get.webgl.org/webgl2/)
- Remastered House with a few new items, loot locations + more.
- Noise-y Breakable Objects.
- New Thief Character Model.
- New Thief Controller – Do everything you could do before, but with Peeking.
- Updated Owner Character Model.
- New Font “Pen Thief”.
- New UI.
- New AI System.
- New Lighting System.
- New Security & Electrical Systems.
- Updated Results Screen with new logic.
- Updated Sounds with more to come.
- The Very Organized Engine, powered by the Finite Framework, a library of flexible tools and game components to create everything we need for our games.
- Upgraded to Unity 2018.3.
Works In Progress
- Support for Localization.
- Support for Game Jolt Achievements.
- Upgrade to AI System.
- More settings in Game Options.
- And many more to be announced!
- Flickering and disappearing objects in the mirrors.
- Audio effects don’t work in WebGL. (Unity WebGL Limitation)
- Occlusion Culling issues. Distant objects will disappear even though they should be visible.
- The Owners pathing can sometimes cause him to become distant and stare at things.
- Low frame rates on computers with low specs or old hardware.
- Can run on some mobile devices, but isn’t playable because of lack of input support.
If you experience very low frame rates, you can press the ‘O’ key to toggle post-processing effects on and off. This should improve your frame rate considerably.
If you experience any glitches or bugs, please let us know in the comments. And if you can, any information like a step-by-step, images or even video that will help us reproduce it would be of great help.
And if you have any feedback feel free to leave us a comment.
We’ll be making a new post soon that will contain information about what we’ll be doing next. Until then we hope you enjoy this release of The Very Organized Thief.
Expect more news from us soon!