It has been quite liberating to take a sledge hammer to everything we’ve worked on and rebuild it. Going over all the questionable decision making and surprisingly creative solutions that have come about has been in it’s own way fun. It’s also been horrible looking at how long ago some of this code was written, and remembering all the things that happened around the time of it’s creation.
Still Working on TVOThief?
We get a few things off our chest, talking a bit about the years gone by and some issues we’ve faced during development.
Where is TVOThief?
We talk about some important issues we are working through and a number of things that are been going on around development.
Art ‘n’ a Bit of Gameplay
Hi everyone! For the last month or so, I’ve been working on the art for our new and upcoming game (title coming soon). This was mostly the concept art which involved creating monsters for the AI and designing the player character and their weapons. The crystal monsters were where I was able to be the most […]
May 2016 Summary
Now this is really late! Last month I spent time on refining our combat system, adding new features to give us better control and solving a few problems around using an IK System. The goal being to let the player be able to see their entire body whilst performing actions, like shooting. Because a number […]
The Road to Development
After a busy month, we take some time to talk about our development roadmap. Find out what our current plans are and what is to come. It’s going to be a long road, but it will be a worthwhile journey.
April 2016 Summary
It’s been a pretty busy month! And this post is late! But it has been by far the most productive, making some pretty big leaps forward which is why it’s been a little quiet from us lately. There hasn’t been a developer diary for a while, but one should be coming soon! So last month […]
Environment Art for New Game
Hello everyone! Unfortunately I was unable to post for a while due to my day job, which meant I couldn’t work on the game much at all. But I’ve managed to re-arrange things a bit so that I can get back into working with Alex on the project. Hurray! So now that I’ve made some time, […]
March 2016 Summary
Last month has been a mixed bag of many things to be done. The survey we ran went very well and the results were surprising. We now have a much better idea of what we can do with the audience we currently have. We still have our work cut out for us if our new […]
February 2016 Summary
Amongst the panic and madness of last month, and the continued madness considering it’s already 1/3 of the way into March already, I managed to get a few things done. Our new game is moving along nicely and now has a basic level editor! This past week, I’ve been setting up a kind of floor […]